Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A New Beginning

I'm starting this endeavor for a number of reasons, knowing full well that the last thing anyone needs is another blog. But wait! I'm out there in the real world talking to all kinds of people about a million different projects and I want one place where I can try and put all the threads together and see what we are collectively weaving.


Also, I'm at a turning point in my life where my daily experiment is in meshing the internal & external worlds, the personal & the professional. It became clear to me that anything less than full-time queer just wasn't good enough and I'm reshaping my life to reflect that new understanding. My passions are independent retail, communities that are viable for all of their members, communication with minimal bullshit, books of all sorts and lesbian visibility. Doesn't that sound like a good read?



The plan is to post some of my own writing here but mainly to serve as a traffic cop, pointing out things of interest ("Ladies and gentleman, out your left window you can see the Grand Canyon"), goings on that are having an impact in DC, in indie retail and in the queer community at large. I've long served as a combo personal shopper/human encyclopedia/tour guide for my friends. This is another way to do that without flooding your email box with links I thought were groovy.



So send me ideas, keep in touch, tell me what you are up to and I'll do the same. Cheers!

No comments: