Friday, January 11, 2008

Lois on the Loose!


On Christmas Day I was in Los Angeles at the home of a friend from 5th grade in St. Charles, IL. Lara was a picture-perfect Christmas hostess. We arrived to stockings for all of us and a huge stack of gifts that we opened after an amazing meal for 14 sparkling individuals. The first present I opened was a book - and it turned out to be written by one of my fellow dinner guests!
Lois on the Loose is a fantastic, zippy read about one woman's motorcycle journey from Alaska to Argentina. I highly recommend it for any fans of gonzo travel lit, motorcycling or those who harbor job-quitting fantasies. Lois Pryce is a delightful person to meet at a dinner party and even better company on the road. She blogs & shoots as she goes and you can catch a glimpse here. Her next book Red Tape and White Knuckles follows her Trans Africa tour and I can't wait to go along.

1 comment:

Dyane said...

Wow! I need to get my hands on a copy of that book.